NIDS has previously worked as consultant to a number of development agencies and human rights organisations. The focus has been on evaluations and studies, but also on advisory services on results based management. Some of the recent examples are:
- For Sida, NIDS has evaluated and mapped Sidas work for human rights of LGBTI persons and persons with disabilites.
- For Sida, NIDS has also been engaged in the evaluation of the Strategy for Special Initiatives for Democratication and Freedom of Expression and the Review of Civil Society Support Modalities
- For Swedish embassies NIDS has evaluated the support to the HIV/AIDS Strategy in South Africa, the support to Raoul Wallenberg Institute regional Middle East-North African programme, the support to the Serbian Gender Equality Action Plan, the Swedish Country Strategy in Zimbabwe and the support to Save the Children programmes in Tanzania/Zanzibar
- For Norad, NIDS has evaluated the Nowegian efforts to promote the rights of persons with disabilites 2000-2011
- For the Norwegian disability movement, NIDS has evaluated organisational development programmes and Community Based Rehabilitation programmes, most recently in South Africa and the West Bank and Gaza (supported by Diakonia and Norwegian Association of Disabled People)
- For Save the Children Sweden, NIDS has evaluated the Swedish organisational set up and the child poverty advocay work