NIDS has worked as consultant to a number of development agencies and human rights organisations. The focus has been on evaluations and studies, but also on advisory services on results based management. Some of the examples are:
- For Sida, NIDS has evaluated and mapped Sidas work for human rights of LGBTI persons and persons with disabilites.
- For Sida, NIDS has also been engaged in the evaluation of the Strategy for Special Initiatives for Democratication and Freedom of Expression, the Review of Civil Society Support Modalities and the Risk Management Approaches
- For Swedish embassies NIDS has evaluated the support to the HIV/AIDS Strategy in South Africa, the support to Raoul Wallenberg Institute MENA programme, the support to the Serbian Gender Equality Action Plan, the Swedish Country Strategy in Zimbabwe, the support to Save the Children programmes in Tanzania/Zanzibar and the support to Diakonia in Cambodia and Palestine
- For Norad, NIDS has evaluated the Nowegian efforts to promote the rights of persons with disabilites 2000-2011, with a follow-up mapping in 2020.
- For the Norwegian disability movement, NIDS has evaluated organisational development programmes and Community Based Rehabilitation programmes, mainly in Africa, Asia and MENA. In 2020 the Disability Rights Programme in Palestine, supported by Swedish Diakonia and the Norwegian Association of Disabled People (NAD) is being evaluated for the 3rd time.
- For Save the Children Sweden, NIDS has evaluated the Swedish organisational set up and the child poverty advocay work